As a healthcare provider you play a critical role in monitoring children’s growth and development and identifying problems as early as possible. If a child has a developmental delay, it is important to identify it early so that the child and family can receive needed intervention services and support.
If your practice utilizes developmental screenings, you can refer the family to Help Me Grow and send us a copy of the screening. The Help Me Grow Navigator can assist with:
• Connecting the child and family to appropriate resources for further assessments if applicable
• Follow up assistance (referrals, resources, ongoing support) for families connected to services
• Family Navigation for families with multiple needs and support to access services
• Providing the parent information and education about parenting, child wellness and other topics
If your practice does NOT utilize developmental screenings, in addition to the supports listed previously, Help Me Grow can assist with:
• Eliciting parental concerns
• Conducting developmental screenings
• Identifying risks and protective factors
• Establishing a formal screening process
What Developmental Screening Tool Does Help Me Grow Use?
Help Me Grow Solano uses the Ages and Stages Questionnaire -Third Edition (ASQ-3) and Ages and Stages Questionnaires: Social Emotional-Second Edition (ASQ:SE-2) which are reliable and evidence-based tools used by many health care providers. ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 are available in English and Spanish.
- The ASQ-3 is a great tool for you that helps to reveal a child’s strengths, uncover any areas of concern, and determine if there are community resources or services that may be useful for the child or your family.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaires: Social Emotional-Second Edition (ASQ:SE-2) focuses on behavior and social-emotional development in young children and makes sure they are on schedule.
How Do I Refer a Parent and Child?
Contact a Help Me Grow Family Navigator by phone 844-501-5437 or fax: 707-426-1303 or complete the online Connection Form.
The online Connection Form will be submitted electronically to the Help Me Grow Family Navigators who will keep the child and family’s information confidential. Help Me Grow Solano follows the Healthcare Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that protects the personal information you provide on this form.
COMMUNICATION - Verbal abilities including comprehension and expression.
GROSS MOTOR - the use of arms, legs and other large muscles used to sit, crawl, walk, run, etc.
FINE MOTOR - The coordination and movements of hands and fingers.
PROBLEM SOLVING - How your child plays with toys and solves problems.
PERSONAL-SOCIAL - The ability to help self and interact with other people.